The seventh image in this folder shows FBY 737 on arrival at Siggiewi [Route 89] on its last revenue earning journey on 2nd. July 2011. Owned by Joseph Vella of Mellieha this Duple bodied Bedford YRQ was new to Reliance of Newbury in 1975 as HGM 822N and was exported to Malta in 1986 and registered Y-0737. It was purchased by Joseph to replace his existing Ford ET7/Barbara No. 3308.The original Bedford 466 engine was replaced in 1985 by a Bedford 500 and again in 1997 by a DAF 320. By this time it had been repainted from the spray green livery into the new standard mainly orange route bus livery and re-registered FBY 737. By the time of the start of this last run the bus station in Valletta had been closed down and departure was made from Sarria Street adjacent to the Maglio Gardens turning immediatly left at the traffic lights into the Great Siege Road and then left again passing the Government Offices on the right and the Police compound on the left [where the remains of confiscated DBY 342 can still be seen almost hidden in the undergrowth] We then rejoined the normal route in the vicinity of the Porte des Bombes. When passing the Kia yard it was noted that the King Long open top double deckers from China were in storage. Arrival at the Siggiewi terminus was on time. Passengers disembarked for the last time from this vehicle and it trundled off home, out of service, to Mellieha.
Total hits: 11663681
Most recent 10 minutes hits: 84
Current hour hits: 87
Yesterday hits: 1665
Last 24 hours visitors: 124
Current hour visitors: 3
Recent guest(s): 1